Puerto Vallarta area

Old Nov 7th, 2022, 03:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puerto Vallarta area

Does anybody with expertise in this general area comment o rebelling to the Mismaloya area with young kids? I know there is a good beach there but how about other kids activities? Also for buying fresh seafood to cook at home, would I have to commute to downtown? I was initially planning to stay in bucerias but heard it’s not quiet there anymore with all new construction. Thanks
Old Nov 8th, 2022, 09:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I am a big fan of Puerto Vallarta and have been there many times, but stay in town. I have only visited Mismaloya on day trips. Interesting, I have not heard that about Bucerias. I mean there is new construction pretty much everywhere in the area as tourism continues to develop and grow.
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 01:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry no one is helping you here. There is a very active forum over on Trip Advisor for the Vallarta area. Maybe check in there?
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 07:45 AM

Even not being an expert, you can look at a map and see that Bucerias (in the opposite direction of Mismaloya) has encroaching condo development on the south and a few new hotels being built.

I don't necesarily recommend the TripAdvisor Forums which tend to biased and populated by those with
confirmation bias. But if you look, try the correct State (Nayarit, not Jalisco). I've only been as far as the border area along the Ameca River.

I find the Google Maps reviews helpful at times.

One person commented that the cobblestone streets tore up their stroller, for example.
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 10:32 AM

Puerto Vallarta (and Mismaloya) are in Jalisco State, Nuevo Vallarta (where most of the AIs are) is in the state of Nayarit. I am not sure about Bucerias but being north of PV, could well be in Nayarit state.
I've only stayed in Mismaloya once, at the old Hotel Joya de Mismaloya which I think is now the Barcelo AI. It was a long way south of town with not much around and a bit pricey to taxi into town to eat (my late husband was NOT a bus rider).
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 02:21 PM

Bucerias is north of the Ameca River, which is roughly the boundary between Jalisco and Nayarit in the coastal area. TA has Bucerias under the Nayarit forums, although I imagine that many people who haven't ever looked at a map ask about it under Puerto Vallarata forums. It looks like the OP has managed to find the correct TA forum for Bucerias.

Friends who visit that part of Mexico do prefer Nayarit to Puerto Vallarta.

Last edited by mlgb; Nov 13th, 2022 at 02:34 PM.
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 11:04 PM
Original Poster

Actually decided to base myself out of playas las tortugas. I know there's not much right there but if somebody has links or contacts to operators doing tours for horseback riding, ziplining, etc thatll help. Thanks
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 08:05 AM

I don't know if it will help but we liked the staff at EcoTours Vallarta located in the Marina (went on an Ameca River day trip birding).

They are more of a nature encounter firm. I don't think they do that heavy duty touristy stuff like zip lines.

https://www.ecotoursvallarta.com/enc...a-turtle-camp/
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 04:15 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlgb
I don't know if it will help but we liked the staff at EcoTours Vallarta located in the Marina (went on an Ameca River day trip birding).

They are more of a nature encounter firm. I don't think they do that heavy duty touristy stuff like zip lines.

https://www.ecotoursvallarta.com/enc...a-turtle-camp/
I think that website offers stores in the Puerto Vallarta area but we will be three hours north in playas Las tortugas
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 08:53 AM

They do run tours in the Riviera Nayarit including to San Blas which is over an hour north of where you are staying. That said, they don't take children under 8 and they are more of a nature company. However they might be a contact if you want to write to them and see if they can suggest anything since they know the area.

You are not going to find a tour company in the place you are staying, it's just too small. Maybe there is one in San Blas that is not just about diving and whale watching, but I doubt it.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 08:53 AM

They do run tours in the Riviera Nayarit including to San Blas which is over an hour north of where you are staying. That said, they don't take children under 8 and they are more of a nature company. However they might be a contact if you want to write to them and see if they can suggest anything up there, since they do cover the area on their private tours.

You are not going to find a tour company in the place you are staying, it's just too small. Maybe there is one in San Blas that is not just about diving, sport fishing and whale watching (and sport fishing), but I doubt it.

It was difficult to find travel agents in the less commercialized locations. Does your lodging have any suggestions?

Last edited by mlgb; Nov 15th, 2022 at 08:59 AM.