Mexico resorts small/easy to get around

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2022, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ankle and walking limitations. I’m looking for a resort in Mexico that is easy to walk around, small, and/or, has great shuttle services to get around the resort. An easy access, smaller beach would be a plus. Will be traveling w/ hubby and 3 y.o
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 12:39 PM

Most small resorts will not have shuttles.
Also you do not state what part of Mexico you are traveling to? Not all Mexican beach towns have AIs (all inclusive, resort is often used to refer to an AI hotel. Also some are adults only).
I have stayed at Akumal Beach and Wellness Resort, all roooms beachfront and many have jacuzzis. Larger mega resorts in the area would include Grand Palladium, several Iberostar resorts (Tucan and Quetzal are know for their wildlife) and Rius (some are AO).
Another thing is with the majority of hotels, the kids club starts at age 4 not 3 so your alternate is to hire a babysitter. The Grand Palladium has a Baby Club for under age 4 and some others do as well.
These are all in the Riviera Maya area so you would fly into Cancun.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. I am not committed to an AI or not. I was thinking either Cancun and surrounding area or PV and surrounding area. We have enough time to plan that I can also book for when my kid turns 4. If it’s a mega resort, but has frequent shuttles, that could be great. But, I would also be okay with a place that is small enough that I’d be able to walk the walk the property. If it was adults only, I would be choosing Royal Hideaway in Riviera Maya/playa del Carmen (I can’t remember which). Thanks for your suggestions!
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look into the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal. It is in Playacar as is Royal Hideaway that you mentioned. Smaller family AI resort on a great beach. Lots of wildlife.
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 07:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Puerto Vallarta is a wonderful town. Lots of options for places to stay. Really there aren't the mega-resorts, except out in Nuevo Vallarta (the resort area to the north of the city). Within town there are mostly smaller resorts and local-style hotels.
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 05:54 AM

The Hotel Akumal Caribe is a small beachfront hotel right on a nice beach. Not an AI, but there are several good restaurants very close by. Literally about 100' from your room to the sea, about the same to the pool. They also offer very roomy bungalows a few hundred feet to the beach. Not a luxury resort, but a nicely landscaped, quiet little enclave.
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 08:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You might want to look into Garza Blanca in PV. It isn't small and has a few different levels but it has a shuttle to ferry guests around the property. We found that the shuttle service was very good. Never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes. There are a couple of very good restaurants on site, as well as a good Asian restaurant at its sister property Moussai (shuttle also available to take you to that restaurant). The beach is very pretty and the water is clear. It's a gorgeous setting. We've stayed there twice - once in a junior panoramic suite which was nestled in the mountains and the other in an oceanfront room. We loved both experiences. (edited to add: They do offer an all inclusive option)

https://puertovallarta.garzablancaresort.com/