Travel Bubble (Australia, NZ and Greece)

Old May 29th, 2020, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel Bubble (Australia, NZ and Greece)

Thought you might be interested to read this reading news in the Herald:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...30-p54xxd.html

Maybe there is some possible travel for some brave souls this summer!

Lavandula
Old May 29th, 2020, 10:48 PM

Anyone travelling from AUS or NZ would have to change flights in a third country, presumably one on the allowed list. Greece intends to expand the list from July 1st.
Old Jun 13th, 2020, 06:48 PM

Could someone explain the term "travel bubble"...??? I get how it could be between Aus and NZ but how is that relevant to Greece. Greece is in the process of opening up to most EU and maybe other countries so that will hardly be a bubble coming from Aus or NZ.
Old Jun 13th, 2020, 07:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Greece can let tourists in, but will the tourists' home countries let them come home without going into quarantine?
Old Jun 14th, 2020, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Qantas can fly direct from Perth to London. Maybe direct Perth to Athens flights would work, so no need to transit in Asia or the Middle East.
Old Jun 14th, 2020, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jean
Greece can let tourists in, but will the tourists' home countries let them come home without going into quarantine?
Thank you..given Greece is opening up to most of the world I guess I don't see that as much of a bubble.
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 12:52 AM
Original Poster

At the time I posted this there was the thought that those three countries would open up to each other only because they all had good statistics. Of course that is no longer the case, but Australia has opened up to New Zealand (not the reverse). Hoefully soon Australians will be able to travel to NZ as well.

Lavandula
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 05:26 AM

Well I'm sure it will be a hit! I heard the travel to nowhere was sold out in few hours lol.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

Finally the travel bubble between Australia and New Zealand has opened up, with the caveat that it can always be paused or stopped. Just waiting to hear about other countries now. At one stage they were talking about Singapore, but so far no recent discussion of Greece.

Lavandula
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by lavandula
Thought you might be interested to read this reading news in the Herald:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...30-p54xxd.html

Maybe there is some possible travel for some brave souls this summer!

Lavandula
Have people seen the situation in Greece at all?
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 11:32 PM
Original Poster

Hi Menachem, that original post about the travel bubble with Greece was from last year when things were quite different. I meant to revive it (see my last comment) only to add the news about half of that travel bubble. Australians still are for the most part not able to travel abroad except for some exceptional circumstances, and now as predicted last year, we are able to go to NZ. I am sure eventually that bubble will open to other destinations and maybe eventually Greece. I know things aren't right yet in most of Europe.

Lavandula
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 12:37 AM

We Australians need permission to travel overseas.. I cannot imagine a travel bubble with any country that is part of Europe or the USA for at least a year.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 05:35 AM

Hey guys, me and my wife planned our vacation to Greece and we hope that we can visit this beautiful country. We are not sure when the bubble will open here in the USA. I read that Greece will reopen for tourists around the mid May, as long as they show proof of vaccination, antibodies or a negative Covid-19 test result before traveling. My brother who is in Australia told me that they will open the bubble there around the end of May. Is that true?
P.s. Be patient!
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 02:08 PM

Panoik, no it is not true. There is no way international borders are going to open in australia next month. That is just not going to happen. Maybe May 2022