Suggestions around Mersin

Old Aug 30th, 2022, 01:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions around Mersin

Hi there,
I will be in Mersin soon, and I will have a week or so to travel around, prior to get a bus to Smirne where I will meet a friend. I've already been in the coastal area between Antalya and Smine once, and I visited Cappadocia already as well, but I don't know this area at all. I was thinking to spend some time around Mersin, either going eastward to Antakya, or proceeding westward along the coast, or going towards the interior to Konya and beyond... I have a small tent, so I plan to do a bit of camping and a bit of cheap hotel stays... My interests are variegated, I likes to visiti interesting city/village, wander around historical sites, hiking, swimming, and experimenting local food...
What do you think? Any tips, suggestion and ideas are very welcome
cheers
and
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 11:31 AM

So did you get there from North Cyprus in the end? If I were you I would go east to Antakya and see all the Crusader stuff.
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 09:19 AM

What about a flight from Adana to Cyprus and another one from Cyprus to Izmir?
Antakya isn't bad, but the most interesting places are beyond the border in Syria.
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gertie3751
So did you get there from North Cyprus in the end? If I were you I would go east to Antakya and see all the Crusader stuff.
Still in Cyprus, probably I will go arrive in tasuçu in the end, then I have a week to get to antalya, still no idea where to go!