Process at CDG if flying to Copenhagen/ to the US

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2022, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going on a family trip to Paris in the summer. After the first week, some of us will fly back to the US and some of us will go to Copenhagen and Stockholm. My question is about what exactly happens at the airport, as we have only transferred to a connecting flight, never a “new” flight within the Schengen zone.

I assume that the US flight will depart from terminal 2E (gates M or L seem to be the usual places), and that the Copenhagen flight will be from 2F. What’s the difference in the steps taken? Do we all check in at the same place, go through security, then split up immediately? Can the Copenhagen people go to 2E with the others, or do international passengers have an additional step? Maybe we’re not even allowed to go there?

Also wondering if there is a good AF lounge for Business class in 2F (price difference between Business and Economy is minimal and it might be nice to have a better place to wait).

Thank you so much for your help!