My two week itinerary

Old Aug 27th, 2022, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My two week itinerary

Hello all Greece lovers,

I haven’t traveled outside the states in many years, and I am very excited that DH and I are going to celebrate our 20th anniversary in Greece. He’s never been, but I spent a significant amount of time there in the late 80s; a summer outside of Athens, which included visits to Mykonos, Santorini, and Rhodes, and another working and partying through Paros, Ios & Corfu. We plan to travel in mid-July (2023). I wish we could travel in June or September, but logistically it just makes sense to go in July whilst our daughter is at sleepaway camp and my parents can watch our pup.

We are limited to 2 weeks, but could possibly extend the trip one additional day. I excluded Santorini, having been there before and it being so expensive. Plus, we are not big on crowds and fighting for space, so based on that I think Naxos (or should it be Paros) is our best island option (I know it will still be crowded). I chose Milos as our second island for the beautiful and unique landscapes. And Delphi is an absolute. After much argument with myself, I decided to eliminate Nafplion even though it comes highly recommended. It would take time from Athens, and I cannot see doing less than 2 full days there.

I would love some feedback, including hotel recommendations and where to stop for at least one wine and one olive oil tasting. Please feel free to use this outline to add, delete, or change anything. Also, DH is an avid cyclist. While he says he would forgo riding on this trip, I know he would enjoy at least one day in the saddle so you will see that in the plan. I’ll be shopping or on the beach. Thank you in advance!

Day 1: Fly to Athens

Day 2: Arrive/fly to Naxos (or Paros?)

Day 3: Naxos

Day 4: Naxos - rent car to explore island

Day 5: Naxos – Bike ride for DH or daytrip to Paros or Ios (to revisit my youth)

Day 6: Ferry to Milos

Day 7: Milos – boat ride around island

Day 8: Milos – rent Car to explore island

Day 9: Fly to Athens/ Drive to Delphi (overnight)

Day 10: Drive to Corinth/Nemea/Mycenae (overnight)

Day 11: Drive to Athens via Epidvaros – (would like an afternoon beach stop with lunch before returning the car)

Day 12: Athens

Day 13: Athens

Day 14: Fly Home