Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for a rustic, family-owned farmhouse hotel in Tuscany.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am traveling to Tuscany the second week in November 2023 with several friends. We are looking for a small hotel that we can use as a base for day trips to Florence and others areas. Ideally in a small town with access to restaurants.
Old Nov 30th, 2022, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I unfortunately can't answer your question but you have marked it as a trip report - this is only for when you come back from your journey and tell everyone about it. You might get more responses if you get the moderators to take the TR tag off your post (go to the Forums Help forum).

Good luck, hope you get lots of responses!

Lavandula
Old Nov 30th, 2022, 03:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm a bit confused over what type of lodging you're looking for... What is your idea of a "rustic, farmhouse hotel" in a small town? Rustic and farmhouse imply a rural setting, not a town. There are family-owned inns/hotels in just about every town. Or are you looking for an agriturismo, aka farm stay... which may or may not be particularly rustic, depending on which one you choose. Not many are within walking distance of a town, although most have a restaurant or offer meals to guests. Most agriturismi are closed in the winter months, but you may be ok in mid-November.

It would also help to know what part of Tuscany you want to stay in. Being within a day-trip distance of Florence doesn't narrow it down enough. What other places/towns do you want to visit?