Just bought PeterGabriel tickets in Copenhagen now what

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2022, 09:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, how are you all, title says it all (kinda). My wife and i i got a couple tickets to see PeterGabriel in may 2023 at the Royal Arena.

This will be our last stop before heading back to the US. So with 10 days or so, we were thinking Oslo and Stockholm. Flights are cheap enough to hit each city for 3ish days each.

There is a Crown plaza with vacancies thats walking distance to the show. Anyone stay
there ?

We will accept all advice and encourage on our journey. In 2019 we saw EltonJohn in Antwerp, so this is a thing we do now 😌
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 12:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why not visit Denmark?

Stockholm by train is an amazing trip 5 hours, so once you factor in the whole getting to the airport a couple of hours early, the waiting for take off the getting to and from the city centres it is probably faster
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 01:37 AM

You might like this Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 02:40 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bilboburgler
Why not visit Denmark?

Stockholm by train is an amazing trip 5 hours, so once you factor in the whole getting to the airport a couple of hours early, the waiting for take off the getting to and from the city centres it is probably faster
Thanx for replying

we will definitely be in copenhagen a few days so, definitely not opposed to taking in the city, since its a 10ish day event we’re just throwing ideas around.

thank you for the the train suggestion, sounds like a nice leisurely train ride 😌
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 02:42 AM
Original Poster

thank you, we love biking, when we were in Bruge, we biked to a nearby town (Damme) for lunch, it was nice to meander the neighborhoods and just feel present😌
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 02:54 AM

We love being within walking distance of the concert venue, even when it’s not the greatest hotel. As long as it’s decent and clean, preferably with an on-site restaurant, that’s good enough for just one night. We’re always sooo glad to not have to deal with the crowds getting to or from the venue. Afterwards or during your time before, you can opt for better, close-in accommodations for sightseeing…

Last edited by WeisserTee; Nov 26th, 2022 at 03:52 AM.
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 03:30 AM

I’d rather stay away from the Arena in a better area, somewhere in central Copenhagen. There’s a lot to see in Copenhagen & Sjæland in general which could take up a few days. The ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo is a nice thing to do, fjord scenery on arrival. Stockholm has a beautiful setting, the train journey from Copenhagen is not particularly interesting or scenic but a good way to get from city centre to city centre.
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WeisserTee
We love being within walking distance of the concert venue, even when it’s not the greatest hotel. As long as it’s decent and clean, preferably with an on-site restaurant, that’s good enough for just one night. We’re always sooo glad to not have to deal with the crowds getting to or from the venue. Afterwards or during your time before, you can opt for better, close-in accommodations for sightseeing…
“Birds of a feather” we see a lot of shows in Toronto, which always has either BNB’s or Hotels close by to our venue. We walked back to our hotel in Belgium after a concert at the SportsPalace, we found ourselves in a sketchy neighborhood and vowed to avoid that at all cost.

thanx for your reply !
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 09:30 AM

I too recommend staying in Denmark for your 10 day trip.
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by kgveteran
We walked back to our hotel in Belgium after a concert at the SportsPalace, we found ourselves in a sketchy neighborhood and vowed to avoid that at all cost.
Except for the recent shooting at the nearby Field shopping mall, it’s not sketchy at all.
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 03:14 PM
Original Poster

Any thoughts on currency ?? Bank cards credit cards, should we get some cash before we leave
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by balthy
Except for the recent shooting at the nearby Field shopping mall, it’s not sketchy at all.
Thats good to hear, what can we expect for weather in may/june
Old Dec 2nd, 2022, 01:24 AM
Original Poster

Will we be using ubers or taxi’s
Old Dec 2nd, 2022, 03:53 AM

seriously consider using cycles, most journeys in Copenhagen are by bike, easy to hire, no special gear required.
Old Dec 2nd, 2022, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

seriously consider using cycles, most journeys in Copenhagen are by bike, easy to hire, no special gear required.
Perfect !
Old Dec 2nd, 2022, 10:50 AM

Cash is not required, never use it except at flea markets or honesty boxes if I buy eggs, honey etc outside someones house, something I think you might be unlikely to do.

Weather will be changeable, might rain, might be warm, might be sunny, might be windy or might be cold or a mix of all.

A lot of people use bikes but plenty use cars, trains or buses. Can’t think why a taxi would be needed, local transport is so good. Uber is not available in Denmark. Locals are expert cyclists, they have their own lanes, rules, traffic lights & slow bumbling tourists will get knocked out of the way. Avoid rush hour.

Last edited by balthy; Dec 2nd, 2022 at 10:55 AM.
Old Dec 4th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Cash is not required, never use it except at flea markets or honesty boxes if I buy eggs, honey etc outside someones house, something I think you might be unlikely to do.

Weather will be changeable, might rain, might be warm, might be sunny, might be windy or might be cold or a mix of all.

A lot of people use bikes but plenty use cars, trains or buses. Can’t think why a taxi would be needed, local transport is so good. Uber is not available in Denmark. Locals are expert cyclists, they have their own lanes, rules, traffic lights & slow bumbling tourists will get knocked out of the way. Avoid rush hour.
Yes, i remember walking in the morning through Amsterdam and the bike traffic was epic, definitely not for bumbling tourists.
Old Dec 4th, 2022, 09:05 AM

you certainly need to have a 5 minute chat on the Danish cycle rules before you mount up.
Old Dec 18th, 2022, 01:35 PM

We go to the movies there every week. The mall is fine.

I cannot think of a safer city than Copenhagen.
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Im struggling with the idea of getting rooms at the crown plaza near the venue RoyalArenna. But being stuck in a location far away from the city with nothing to see by the crown plaza

help……are taxi’s at the ready in Copenhagen after the show ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -