Search

Just bought concert tickets now what

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2021, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought concert tickets now what

Hello,
As we did in 2018, i bought concert tickets for a show in Madrid February 2022. I hope they continue to open up like here in the states, i live in upstate ny, the fingerlakes area.

So, it’ll be winter ? What can we expect, will we be disappointed with the weather. My wife is a spanish interpreter so no language barrier.

Is it worth it to see Barcelona, we will be in spain a week, unless we decide to hop to another country……

Your thoughts please
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Moderator please move this to the spain forum, thank you
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 05:53 AM
Forum Moderator

There is no "spain forum", only a Europe forum, but there are tags which specify specific countries. I have set the Spain tag on this thread.
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 06:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
is your concert indoors?
It will be cold Madrid is pretty high up
Madrid has two world class museums and a bunch of nearby towns and monestries/palaces to visit, includes Toledo, then there is the Spanish way of life I've been before and could still find enough to do for 2 weeks
Certainly no need to leave the country as Spain is fascinating and they speak 5 languages with Castillian being only the core one. If you have a few days extra, then train to Seville/Cordoba or even Granada

Barcelona is more of a summer/spring place to go and it will be warmer than Madrid.
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Moderator3
There is no "spain forum", only a Europe forum, but there are tags which specify specific countries. I have set the Spain tag on this thread.
As alway Thank you
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 06:12 AM

I agree with bilboburgler above. I was in Madrid for 4 days and needed more. If you click on my name, my Madrid and London 2014 trip report might give you ideas. Or, see if this link works:

Trip Report Madrid and London - Fodor's Travel Talk Forums
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TDudette
I agree with bilboburgler above. I was in Madrid for 4 days and needed more. If you click on my name, my Madrid and London 2014 trip report might give you ideas. Or, see if this link works:

Trip Report Madrid and London - Fodor's Travel Talk Forums
Thank you so much i will look your trip over!
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 10:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
What seems like an eon ago we spent a long weekend in Madrid in February. Yes it was cold but public buildings are well heated and if the sun shines you should be able to have drinks/lunch out of doors. Also it's a very wieldable city so you can warm up by walking to the main sites and stopping for chocolate and churros should the mood take you.

i just had to look up where I stayed a couple of years ago and this hotel was pretty nice, and very central:

https://www.cataloniahotels.com/en/h...iAAEgLAZfD_BwE
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by annhig
What seems like an eon ago we spent a long weekend in Madrid in February. Yes it was cold but public buildings are well heated and if the sun shines you should be able to have drinks/lunch out of doors. Also it's a very wieldable city so you can warm up by walking to the main sites and stopping for chocolate and churros should the mood take you.

i just had to look up where I stayed a couple of years ago and this hotel was pretty nice, and very central:

https://www.cataloniahotels.com/en/h...iAAEgLAZfD_BwE
Can i just say i love this forum and all the help
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 12:09 PM

Thank you kgveteran! Please report back about your experience.
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 01:44 PM

I love Madrid, and I agree with staying in Madrid. You could also visit Toledo for a day, or stay over for a night or two. If you wish, you can click on my name to read my trip report from 2017. In Madrid, we stayed at the Mercure Madrid Centro, Calle Lope de Vega 49. It is about a 5-10 minute walk from the Prado and Reina Sofia museums.
Old Jun 25th, 2021, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by kgveteran
Hello,
As we did in 2018, i bought concert tickets for a show in Madrid February 2022. I hope they continue to open up like here in the states, i live in upstate ny, the fingerlakes area.

So, it’ll be winter ? What can we expect, will we be disappointed with the weather. My wife is a spanish interpreter so no language barrier.

Is it worth it to see Barcelona, we will be in spain a week, unless we decide to hop to another country……

Your thoughts please
We will be in Madrid in January 2022, so I am curious about your concert. Where is it? What is it? How did you get tickets?
Here's hoping they don't have a giant snowstorm like they did this past January.
Old Jun 25th, 2021, 07:08 AM

It won't be warm but I doubt it'll shock somebody from upstate NY.

The golden triangle of museums is actually three museums that's why it's a triangle. Depending on your interests one will likely appeal more than the others.

I don't mind Madrid but in my experience you're either a Madrid or a Barcelona person. I'm personally more drawn to Barcelona.

Outside of the museums there is the palace. Check if the changing of the guard is happening or not. Usually it's on a Wednesday IIRC. One day of the month the full formal glitz.

https://www.travelernick.com/2017/06/royal-guard/

There is an Egyptian temple in one of the parks not far from the palace.

They've fixed up the market. If you're drawn to modern touristy markets there is that.
Old Jun 26th, 2021, 09:08 AM

If it's a major concert in a big arean, you can get tickets like most places, Ticketmaster, LIvenation, etc.

only it's ticketmaster.es

or maybe ticketeria.es

just google the concert you are interested in and you should be able to find out where/how to get tickets
this is one big venue
https://www.wizinkcenter.es/

Personally, if I were in Spain a week, I would go to more than Madrid. I really like Barcelona and would never describe it as only a spring/summer type of place. I was there in July once and it was over 90F, not that much fun. I knew it would be hot, though, and it was no worse than Paris, of course. In fact, I'd think it would be a good place to go in winter as it doesn't get super cold there and there should be many fewer tourists, I woudl think. Now that Barcelona has become so super popular with the tourists (it wasn't too bad when I first went), that actually appeals to me to not go in summer.
Old Jun 26th, 2021, 01:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
<<The golden triangle of museums is actually three museums that's why it's a triangle. Depending on your interests one will likely appeal more than the others. >>

There are of course other museums as well - my particular favourite is the Sorolla House which shows many of the works of this wonderful artist [who i first learnt about from TDudette here] inside his house of many years with its wonderful garden. https://www.culturaydeporte.gob.es/msorolla/inicio.html

Not that far away is the Museum of Romanticism which I also enjoyed a lot. Inicio - Museo del Romanticismo | Ministerio de Cultura y Deporte