Search

ITA and Delta- Italy flights help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2022, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITA and Delta- Italy flights help

Hello, I booked Italy flights on the delta website. Even though i
paid to choose my seats, the option was not given. Delta reps say because they are ita flights, I need to call them, ita says to call delta. What is the best way to straighten this out? Actually go to the airport’s ita counter? I live in nyc.
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 12:00 PM

How frustrating! When you booked your flights, did Delta give you an ITA flight reference number? Check the flight confirmation emails you have received. You may be able to go on the ITA site and plug in that fight reference number to choose your seats. When we have codesharing flights, we have been able to choose seats once we know our partner's flight reference number. (Delta would have a different one than ITA even though it is the same flight.) However, I haven't tried doing this with Delta/ITA.

Good luck!
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 12:11 PM

Delta reps reserved seats for us when we booked Delta for an AF flight. This was about 8 months ago, however.

Stu Dudley
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 01:26 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You probably need the ITA PNR (Passenger Name Record) which you need to get from Delta. Then ITA may be able to help you.

When all else fails HUCA . . . Hang UP, Call Again -- very often with all the new/un-trained customer service staff at ALL airlines sometimes its just a matter of getting a different agent.
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 07:42 PM

ITA does not sell tickets - only researches itineraries. You have a Delta ticket, not an ITA ticket. Call back to get a competent agent.
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 08:24 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Seamus
ITA does not sell tickets - only researches itineraries. You have a Delta ticket, not an ITA ticket. Call back to get a competent agent.

You may be confusing ITA with IATA. ITA is the old Alitalia under a new name. It IS an airline so the tickets may in fact be ITA
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 08:57 AM

My daughter recently came to Italy on a Delta ticket. The return flight was with ITA. She was unable to choose a seat or login online with either ITA or Delta. It seemed that the two didn't communicate at all.

She checked in at the airport (in Rome) the old-fashioned way, and other than that, all went well with the flight.

ITA is up for grabs now, and it seems that Lufthansa is interested. That would be fine with me. I often use Lufthansa for flights to the US
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by janisj
You may be confusing ITA with IATA. ITA is the old Alitalia under a new name. It IS an airline so the tickets may in fact be ITA
Not IATA, but the ita martrix software. Now see what the OP meant, the use of lower case threw me off!
Old Jul 31st, 2022, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by bvlenci
She was unable to choose a seat or login online with either ITA or Delta. It seemed that the two didn't communicate at all. She checked in at the airport (in Rome) the old-fashioned way, and other than that, all went well with the flight.
I booked an ITA flight HAM-LIN for a couple weeks back including my Delta elite number in the record. I then e-mailed ITA using the contact info on the website asking if I would get benefits like a checked bag or a preferred seat, but they never wrote back. Online check-in was not allowed, and at the airport the check-in kiosks let you get boarding passes for myriad airlines, but not for ITA. Thus, although I only had carry-on, I had to go the the counter, and got in line 15 minutes before the counter opened two hours prior to the flight, and I was in line for a solid hour, (since everyone had to get their boarding pass at the counter the line went halfway across the terminal) and there was no Business nor Skyteam Elite counter - - just two Economy counters. But I showed my Delta card, asked if they had a window or an aisle left, and they gave me bulkhead aisle 1D, which was sweet(!). Security took another hour (the Fast Track lanes at HAM were closed). The flight was smooth and the onboard staff were wonderful.
Old Aug 1st, 2022, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by dfourh
.... Online check-in was not allowed, and at the airport the check-in kiosks let you get boarding passes for myriad airlines, but not for ITA. Thus, although I only had carry-on, I had to go the the counter, and got in line 15 minutes before the counter opened two hours prior to the flight, and I was in line for a solid hour, (since everyone had to get their boarding pass at the counter the line went halfway across the terminal) and there was no Business nor Skyteam Elite counter - - just two Economy counters....
At FCO airport in Rome, my daughter had no problems at the ITA check-in counter or at security. Other than not being able to do anything online, all went smoothly. She also was pleased with the onboard service and personnel, and she said the food was better than average.