First planning steps for spring Barcelona trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planning this trip 3 years ago when my nephew planned his wedding in California so our trip was postponed and then the pandemic happened. I am finally back in planning mode. When we went to Italy last in 2014 we stayed in an apartment. When we went to Paris in 2017 they were starting to crack down on apartment/Airbnbs so we stayed in an Aparthotel. Do apartment rentals still exist as an option (if they ever did) in Barcelona? Just starting my planning and need to know what my options are. We enjoyed staying in apartments as it was like being a local if only for a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jscarbary; Nov 4th, 2022 at 04:38 PM.
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 05:38 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We stayed in an aparthotel near La Familia Sagrada. It was a 2br,2bath, balcony, nicely appointed. There was a person at the front desk who helped us with making reservations and was so helpful. It is Hispanos7Suizas. We found it in Maribel’s Guides. Recommend it.
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 06:50 AM

We did not stay in an apartment while in Barcelona but I do recommend the Eixample neighborhood. The architecture is lovely and the location is very central. We walked to Sagrada Famiilia, Casa Batllo and Casa Mila among other places.
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

I did have plans last time I worked on this trip to look in Eixample.
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 08:48 AM

Barcelona has plenty of apartments, you just need to make sure they have a registration/license number

Old Nov 5th, 2022, 08:54 AM

Hi! I hope I can help you. Barcelona has many apartments in all its neighbourhoods.So many that it is already a real problem for many neighbors.Tourist rentals give much more money, so the normal rental market has become smaller and more expensive. This has caused many Barcelonans to have had to leave the city. For this reason I always recommend in Barcelona not to rent apartments in neighborhoods where tourist pressure has completely displaced residents: the Gothic, Barceloneta, el Raval, Sant Pere i Santa Caterina... And in the other neighborhoods try to find proposals that are legal, pay their taxes and are not speculators.

Barcelona is a city that is easy to visit. It is not necessary to sleep in the Gothic as all its neighborhoods have something of interest. Eixample, Grācia and Poblenou are at the limit of overexploitation, but still maintain the character of a neighborhood. Sarriā, a little far from the center, is like a small town within the city. Full of green areas and quieter.

Anyway this is just my opinion and of course each person has different interests. If you explain a little more, p.e. how many days you are going to be just in the city and in which area of the city you would like, I can try to help you in the selection. You said two weeks, but perhaps you prefer to spend a week in the city and the rest visit something else in the region.
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 02:14 PM

Ditto to what rialtogrl has told you. There are hundreds of short term apartment rentals in Barcelona but to be legal, they must have an H.U.T. number (Habitatge d’ús turistic or Licence for Touristic Use). It you donīt see the 6 digit H.U.T.B. number on the booking site, it will not be legit.
It looks like this: Registration nš: HUTB-001264

The fully serviced Aparthotel that Happy Trvlr mentions near the Sagrada Familia. They're great.
https://www.hispanos7suiza.com/en/

In the Example there are also the luxury Murmuri Residences that belong to the Majestic Hotel Group. They have a fabulous location.

Also directly on the Passeig de Grācia there are the Suites Avenue, fully serviced, that belong to the Derby Hotel Group.

Last edited by Maribel; Nov 5th, 2022 at 02:50 PM.
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 04:29 PM

Also directly on the Passeig de Grācia are the 64 Aparments, belonging to the Hotel Sixty Two.
https://www.sixtyfourapartments.com/en/.

And in the Right Eixample on Carrer Casp there are the Casp 74 apartments.
https://www.apartmentscasp74.com/en/index.html.

But a booking.com search for apartments, with a review rating of 9.0 or higher will give you more nice options.
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the information, I will check them all out😊