Bonfire Night

Old Sep 25th, 2022, 10:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonfire Night

I will be arriving at LHR at 11:50 on 05/11. I imagine I’ll be at my hotel mid-afternoon. I am staying at the Westminster Hub. I’ve read about various places one can book to see fireworks, but I’m hoping not to be locked into something in case of flight troubles etc. is there somewhere nearby to see the fireworks? I’m hoping to see enough to keep up to a decent hour to avoid jet lag , but I don’t need a whole extravaganza with tickets and so forth.
Old Sep 25th, 2022, 11:20 PM

Alexandra Palace usually has one .You'd have to get to Muswell Hill -the London views are spectaular .
Also in past has been one at Windsor.
Old Sep 25th, 2022, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by teach2travel
I will be arriving at LHR at 11:50 on 05/11. I imagine I’ll be at my hotel mid-afternoon. I am staying at the Westminster Hub. I’ve read about various places one can book to see fireworks, but I’m hoping not to be locked into something in case of flight troubles etc. is there somewhere nearby to see the fireworks? I’m hoping to see enough to keep up to a decent hour to avoid jet lag , but I don’t need a whole extravaganza with tickets and so forth.
There you go.
https://www.timeout.com/london/thing...lays-in-london
Old Sep 25th, 2022, 11:28 PM

Battersea will have a firework display but you might find that a trek from Westminster. Other organised displays are further out, might be some on Southbank, used to be one at Southwark but not sure if that’s running. But sometimes you can see the fireworks from afar without having to go to an event.

https://www.visitlondon.com/things-t...isplays-london