Big Birthday Trip in Nov/ Europe

Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Birthday Trip in Nov/ Europe

HELP!! I have the best problem I can;t figure out where to go for my birthday.for about 10 days I'm leaning towards Portugal, I haven;t been yet.
Paris and the wine country are an option too. Looking for a fun, "foodie" and fabulous trip ideas!!
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 08:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Portugal, Paris and Wine country

One country, one city and most of southern Europe.

In November I might prefer to go to Sicily, Southern Portugal or Southern France, just to get reasonable weather.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Thank you , great suggestion about the weather. I haven't been to Sicily I will start to look.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 08:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Italy has some of the most varied wine regions and Sicily is very much one of the most complex wine growing areas of Italy. Fruit and Veg is also produced and then the street food is pretty impressive.

Alentejo is the most interesting wine region of Portugal, a country with strong indiginious wine, but there are lots of other AC regions, including Port, Madeira, etc etc
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 11:55 AM

I have been to Paris in December and I would not let the weather stop me form enjoying that city or just about anywhere else in Europe. Within your time frame, I would think that Lisbon-Sintra would be amazing, but maybe you could tackle more.

Food can be a trap in Paris as you can spend a lot of money for mediocre food, so look for specific item recs and make reservations. Go for items you can't get wherever you are from.