Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any experience with Nordic Visitor self driving tours, and other Iceland advice?

Any experience with Nordic Visitor self driving tours, and other Iceland advice?

Old Apr 13th, 2022, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering arranging a trip for my husband and myself to go to Iceland this summer, if Covid doesn't get bad again. I think we'd prefer to rent a car and travel on our own, rather than take a small group tour. Nordic Visitor offers self-drive tours, which includes the car rental, itinerary planning, accommodations, and an emergency help line. I'm thinking of booking one of their self-driving tours, mainly because they book the hotels (they give a range of three options - economy, comfort plus, and superior), which will save me a lot of time trying to research and book accommodations. Does anyone have experience doing this and want to give me some advice? I'm also trying to decide if I'm better off staying to a smaller area and shorter itinerary (such as the south coast and Golden Circle), or doing the whole Ring Road, which is tempting, but could be exhausting switching hotels every night. Since it's only a five hour flight from the Boston area, where we live, we could consider going back another time, too, especially after we have some familiarity with Iceland and how things work there.Thanks.
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 06:07 AM
djq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you book with Nordic Visitor?