US River Cruises -Experiences?

Old Jan 9th, 2022, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US River Cruises -Experiences?

We've been considering a US river cruise on American Cruise Lines in 2022. Has anyone out there had experience with this line, or similar venues? We would fly into whatever destination was chosen. The smaller ships/itineraries appeal to us. What would be the downsides, if any?
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've not taken a trip on American Cruise Lines but can tell you we really enjoy river cruising. Being on a small vessel that stops right in the center of cities/towns so you can walk to many nearby attractions and points of interest as well as being able to take motor coach tours to places further away from the port is a very pleasant way to travel. You get to meet nice folks, food on board is usually very good and the on board staff and tour guides are first rate. We can think of no downside to river cruising.

You might want to check out the CruiseCritic website where you can read hundreds of reviews of American Cruise Line as well as a number of other River Cruise companies.
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 11:46 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I also have not taken a river cruise in the States but have in Europe and I really enjoyed it. I would second the suggestion to check on CruiseCritic