Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Where in the Caribbean are you travelling to in 2007?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me I'm planning a Nassau/Harbour Island trip sometime in August.

And still hoping to get to St. Lucia before the end of the year.

Old Jan 13th, 2007, 05:49 AM

My annual trip to the Grenadines.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 05:54 AM

Nevis a few times (sometime in the spring (feb.mar) and late fall)

Old San Juan (spring and possibly again later in the year)

Curacao - Thanksgiving or right after - I have flights there right now, but I am not sure if we will go there or somewhere else. Also considering Mustique or TCI

Old Jan 13th, 2007, 06:33 AM

Just back from a few days on Tortola and Jost, now in Vieques for the winter, looking forward to Carnival in April on STT.
Will post a trip report for the BVI soon.
By the way, I am now on my laptop with a different server and cannot get my original screen name (mahobaygirl)so will be posting by this name til May
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 06:49 AM

JAGIRL, it's nice to be greeted by another one of your colorful posts this morning.

I'm returning to Grenada for two weeks in May. First by myself and then joined by husband and two friends.

In July I'm going to Virgin Gorda for 5 nights with husband and 15 year old granddaughter for snorkeling galore!
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 06:55 AM

Lucky you mahobaygirl! I'll be looking forward to your report. We just booked St John for June and will also go in November. Caribbean travel once a year is no longer enough.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 07:26 AM

2 week trip to Silver Sands on the north shore of Jamaica planned for May. My wife and I are taking my 11 year old daughter, 3 year old boy and twin infants who'll be 10 months at the time. It should be an interesting trip with unique challenges!
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Virgin Gorda (Little Dix Bay), St. John (Caneel Bay) and St. Croix (Buccaneer) -- for a total of two weeks in February with my wife. Can't wait! This is our first trip to the Virgin Islands, although we have been all over the rest of the Caribbean. Have we been saving the best 'till last?
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 10:34 AM

CS - good luck and smooth travels
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 10:42 AM

So far, St. John in February. Somewere with the kids (1st time) in November, just not sure where yet!
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 10:55 AM

St. Croix (Buccaneer) in February for our annual family trip.

Angler--when will be at the Buccaneer? We're there President's Week. I hope you realize that the Buc isn't as high end as Little Dix or Caneel. But STX dining is excellent (in our opinion) and you will find the staff very friendly and the view to die for (as you'll be up high instead of at water's edge).
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 11:05 AM

Working on Cat Island in the Bahamas, so technically not Caribbean, but still puurrrty water.

Missing the Grenadines a LOT. DH wants to head back and try Bequia or another island along with a short stay at PSV.

We'll end up somewhere at least once but we are last-minute planners.

SoggyDollar/aka Mahobaygirl: wow, winter in Vieques. We really enjoyed it there. Sorry to see USA Today feature Vieques in their travel section. Its so quaint now....

Brenandg: You are so right about one trip a year -- defininately not enough!!

JAGIRL: Love your colorful calling card! Your trip sounds fun, too. Love Harbour Island.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Turks and Caicos (Provo) in April.

We have previously been to Aruba and Anguilla, and I am hoping Grace Bay is as nice as Shoal Bay East!
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Beachgirl, I'm reeeeeeally hoping I can still make it to Harbour Island. The trip reports make it sound so fabu!

I may just have a wedding to attend around that time though. And I might be a bridesmaid...grumble grumble.

Maybe the next question I should ask is : <font color="orange"><i>&quot;How does one get out of bridesmaid duty without hurting the feelings of the bride to be?!&quot;</i></font>

Your trips all sound so great! Lots of traveling will be going on in 2007! Lots of sunshine will be had by all.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

oooh! Two beach girls! &gt;-
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 12:57 PM

JAGirl--
Harbour Island IS beautiful and quaint and very quiet. Highly recommend it (unless you need constant activity).

As to the bridesmaid dilemna--why not book a nonrefundable trip right now? Then you have an excuse...
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM

A better idea...why not convince the bride to do a destination wedding on Harbour Island
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 01:06 PM

WOW! I'm looking forward to everyone's trip report &amp; photos so I can live vicariously through you all.

Me, I'm working on
Grenada, Carriacou in June
Hopefully a sidetrip to SVG
Relaxin back in Provo in Sept or Oct

Safe &amp; Happy Travels to Everyone!
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

ccrosner,
I was thinking about doing that...but my mother promptly informed me that she would never speak to me again!...hmmmm...mother not speaking to me again vs. Harbour Island...hmmmm

It's my beloved one and only brother's wedding. And he's getting married at our house and so my dilemna.

The wedding was originally set for another date but then was moved to accommodate some family members on both sides. And there's no way I could skip out the week of the wedding, which is the only time I could do Harbour Island.

sigh...I'm beginning to wish poxes upon this blooming wedding!!

...just kidding! I'll get there...if not this August, then maybe next August. My friends will just have to go on the trip without me...sigh!
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 03:23 PM

I'll be back to Havana Cuba later this year, with a side trip to the western end of Cuba and the Pinar del Rio/Vinales Valley area of the island.

I have to get back because I'm running low on good rum and some great cigars. Miss my friends as well.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -