Turks and Caicos with family - young adult kids

Old Jul 3rd, 2022, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks and Caicos with family - young adult kids

Hi - when I say kids, I mean our "kids" - but they are adults. we travel after Christmas over new years with our adult kids - now 23 and 21. all of us enjoy beautiful beaches and we like walkable long beaches. To date we have leaned towards riviera nayarit for its pricing and we like it there. we are looking to change it up and spend a bit more.Turks sounds amazing - but we are an all inclusive kind of family too - we don't need excessive night life - kids have that at home and relax on vacation lol but a little life is good. Any recommendations for us on where to stay etc? Is Club Med a good choice?

thank you!

Last edited by sbug11; Jul 3rd, 2022 at 09:01 AM. Reason: update message
Old Jul 3rd, 2022, 01:14 PM

Turks & Caicos might not have best weather at Christmas & NY. It’s in the Atlantic not the Caribbean so can be a bit cool, fine if you just want to walk along beaches. Some years the weather can be warm enough for swimming, other years weather can be changeable.

Its also not a great place for AI, only a couple of hotels offer it. There are so many places to eat it’s not necessary.

There really isn’t any nightlife, mainly dinner, drinks etc.
Old Jul 3rd, 2022, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

So helpful. Thank you for taking the time to answer. That rules it out for us. We definitely want warm beach weather. Open to other suggestions?
Old Jul 4th, 2022, 04:41 AM

Barbados & Antigua both have beautiful calm beaches & plenty of AI hotels to choose from. St James in Barbados is the calmest side, it’s popular in the new year. They’re not quite in the league of AI only hotels you might find in Riviera Maya for example and some hotels are not exclusively AI, you can opt for it or just take BB or HB even. Gives you more choice of hotels.

Negril Jamaica might be an option too.

Old Jul 4th, 2022, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 04:06 PM

We just went to Turks and Cacaos in October for the first time, but without our 20 something kids. We had a wonderful time! The ocean is beautiful and was so calm. We spent a couple nights at The Sands on Grace Bay. It is a smaller, quiet condo complex. We had a one bedroom, but they have two bedroom, two bath units that come with a full kitchen. I have a friend that has gone there with her adult children, and they loved it. For onsite dining they have Hemingway's by the Sea. We had fish tacos for lunch that were great. I can also recommend their mango daiquiri. After The Sands we spent a few nights at Beaches and really enjoyed it. It is AI for families, so I'm not sure how the young adults feel about it. I know mine would enjoy the food, drinks, pool, beach activities, etc. It is a really big place with many different pools, so we were not overrun by kids even though I think we were there over fall break. Still your young adults might prefer a different vibe.

A couple years ago we went to Jamaica and stayed at Jewel Grande Montego Bay. It is an AI for families. My kids loved it. This was just when Covid was starting to let up. The resort did fun trivia and beach/pool games. The weather was great too. It was the perfect vibe for young 20ish kids