Search

Honeymoon ideas Quick!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2017, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon ideas Quick!

So my fiancé and I were going to take our honeymoon (2nd week of November) in St. Martin but sadly, due to Hurricane Irma, that won't be happening. We are now somewhat scrambling to find a different location. With so many of the islands in disarray we are scratching our heads. The front runner is Grand Cayman. Any other ideas out there?? We are looking for a place with warm temperatures and beautiful beaches. Thanks!!!
Old Sep 14th, 2017, 05:45 AM

All islands south of Antigua were spared any affect of Hurricane Irma. In addition to Grand Cayman check out Barbados, St. Vincent, Grenada, any of the Grenadines, St. Lucia, Dominica, and Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao.
Old Sep 14th, 2017, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much!! I've been to Barbados and Aruba so I'd like to go to an island I've never been to before. Any suggestions for the best one?? Really looking for the white beaches-type feel. Also, doesn't have to be in the Caribbean but with Mexico not sure about the water and the whole machine gun guard thing.
Old Sep 14th, 2017, 07:46 AM

I think Grand Cayman is a good choice based on your criteria. In addition check out Secrets Maroma which sits on a lovely beach and is an all inclusive. I personally would pick GC for lovely 7 mile beach, lots of activities, you can rent a car and explore the island, sting ray city, turtle farm, botanical gardens and some fantastic restaurants. It will likely be more exp than St Martin.
Old Sep 14th, 2017, 09:08 AM

There's no "best" island - only different islands. If you want "white beaches" then look at the ABC islands but be aware that Bonaire's beaches are a bit "rocky" and/or "Shelly". Of course, Grand Cayman which you are already considering has very white sand beaches. Grenada has a couple light beige/ golden sand beaches. Most of the other islands I mention will have darker sand beaches (varying shades of grey, brown and even black) so they might not be "best" for you.

Unfortunately for you Anguilla, the island with some of the best white sand beaches in the Caribbean was severely damaged by H. Irma so give it a pass for now. Likewise the USVI's and the BVI's - all of which have wonderful light golden sand beaches) are in varying states of disarray from H. Irma so not really the best places to visit at this time.
Old Sep 14th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. I've thought about Rocatan (Honduras) and Mexico too but I just don't know. I understand there are no "best" islands.. just islands that are what we are desiring.
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 08:08 AM

Just so you know, right now there are 2 more Tropical storms/Tropical Depression that are brewing in the Atlantic and heading toward the Leeward Islands. Current tracking may affect St. Lucia, Dominica and Grenada a but right now the computers models are "all over the place" so keep and eye on the hurricane websites before making any final decisions on your destinations.
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 09:06 AM

Jamaica is an excellent honey moon spot we have a wide array of hotels for you to choose from .I recommend Zoetry in Montego Bay.
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 09:22 AM

Hi

I am in a similar situation. Was planning to go to St Maarten in April with a 4 month old and a 2 and 1/2 year old. Unfortunately the house we rented was destroyed.

Has anyone found any sites useful for coming up with different ideas or knowing which islands are accessible? Maybe a family friendly website?

We also want to be respectful of those that have lost their homes/ belongings and unsure how to move forward.

Thanks
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 12:03 PM

Look at the list of islands I mentioned in my first reply. They were not affected by H. Irma.

Hurricane Season is not over yet and there is still a chance more storms can have an adverse affect on other islands. In fact right now there are 2 Tropical Storms/Tropical Depressions out in the Atlantic that could develop into hurricanes over the next few days.

You can track their progress on the following websites:
Www.stormcarib.com
Www.wunderground.com

Hurricane Season runs until November 30. Who knows what Mother Nature has in store between now and then.