Great Exuma, Bahamas

Old Jun 5th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Exuma, Bahamas

Hello! We are renting a villa next week on Great Exuma. Has anyone been there recently? It looks like all of the posts are pretty old on this forum about this location. Just checking in to see if you have any recommendations on things we must do and see while there? We'll have a boat for 4 days of our trip as well. Thank you!!!
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 05:33 AM

Definitely take an excursion towards Staniel Cay. All day trip (worth every penny) go see: swimming pigs, Thunderball Ghrotto, tame shark, sand bars, and amazing beaches!

Rent car and go hang Tropic of Cancer Beach (maybe 90 min?) gorgeous beach

Rent a small boat and explore stunning beaches, Duck Cay, Moriah Cay, each one better than the rest. Some of the cays are owned by celebrities. I stayed at Staniel Cay and explored, a water spout put me at Johnny Depp's beach!

Go to Pig Roast Stocking Island (water taxi in town) on Sunday

Coco Plum Beach is awesome, and search for sand dollars
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 11:18 PM

Also take a boat tour to watch rays and iguanas they're really cool !
Old Jul 5th, 2019, 05:28 AM

Just returned from an Exuma family trip. We stayed at a wonderful house in Jimmy Hill. The beach at the house was great. We also hit tropic of cancer which of course is spectacular (we went on a Sun and many of the restaurants in little exuma were closed so keep that in mind. There is a beach sign a little before TOC which one a restaurant owner told us after the fact is a spectacular cove beach with good shade. Coco plum as mentioned is glorious as well and a definite must see. We also took a trip with exuma water sports (we had a private tour based on the size of our crowd) and it was the highlight of our trip - snorkeled at the edge of a blue hole, fed swimming pigs (done that at other bahama out island so not a big deal for my family but the kids in our group had a blast, fed iguanas and spend some time hanging out at amazing beaches. Highly recommend.
I was a little disappointed with the restaurant selection - the better ones are quite expensive (more so than at other Caribbean islands in my opinion). There is a good deli in the outskirts of town (I forget the name) but excellent for meats and a good variety of tuna/chicken salad etc.
Old Jul 5th, 2019, 05:32 AM

Sorry forgot to mention stocking island. We took Eddie's taxi service from center of town - right across from the grocery store. We called them when we were ready to be picked up. Must do - the water is clear and stingrays come right up to the shore. Another memorable day for us.