Search

Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji

**I will also post this in the Air Travel forum**

Hi! My husband and I will be arriving in Nadi airport at 00:20 and then departing on a domestic flight to Taveuni Island at 07:00. All segments are on Fiji Airways.

From the Nadi Airport website: "If your transit time exceeds six (6) hours, you will be required to exit Immigration and Customs and enter Fiji, any flight transit time less than six (6) hours allows you to transit within the Nadi Airport Transit Lounge."

Based on my calculation, our transit time is more than six hours (by 40 minutes) and therefore we'll need to clear immigration and customs. I have a few questions, which the Fiji Airways customer service representative could not give clear answers to when I called. I'm hoping maybe someone here has experience and can help.

- Do I retrieve luggage and then recheck it for the domestic flight?
- We'd like to pick up two bottles of wine at the Nadi duty free shop. If we do retrieve luggage, then we can put the bottles in the suitcases for check-in. But if we don't need to retrieve our luggage, would we be able to bring the bottles (assuming they'll be in sealed duty free shopping bags) as carry-on for the domestic flight?
- Are ATMs easily available at Nadi airport?

Thank you in advance for any advice!
Old Aug 4th, 2016, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you make contact as per www.airportsfiji.com/contactus.php ? I don't recall whether there were ATMs or not on my last trip, but - how could there not be?

The airport has been modernized a lot in recent years, I remember when it was more like a glorified bus shelter..
Are you sure you want to tough it out and not take a hotel for some 4 hours or so? There are a few very nearby.

The wine question should get answered as soon as you are on the ground.

Bula!