LAX to Sydney

Old Apr 28th, 2022, 02:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAX to Sydney

Anyone have experience with Delta or United?

Economy or the bit more room Economy? Delta is called Comfort +

Air New Zealand’s premium economy sounds quite lovely…but it’s twice the fare of the US carriers economy.🙄

We’ll be traveling in October.

We’re mature adults…squished in no frills economy seats for a long haul ☹️😣😩

Old Apr 29th, 2022, 03:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
I've only ever flown Qantas or Air New Zealand (or Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong once) on the LAX and Sydney route. But I've flown both of your choices on long(ish) hauls before. While both US-based carriers fall well below others in terms of quality, I'd easily choose Delta over United.

And the extra room in economy plus is great on most airlines. Love it. But whether the value aligns with the price is pretty subjective. I never bothered with upgrades on Qantas or ANZ (tight, of course, but also reasonably comfortable seating for economy) but when I could afford it, I'd seriously consider upgrading on some others.

Hopefully you'll get some responses that have some experience directly with the DL and UA Econ+ products to help you decide.

Old Apr 29th, 2022, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you haven't seen it already, check out this website for airline reviews https://www.airlinequality.com/

Another website SeatGuru, is helpful for actual seating on individual planes.

We've also flown that 14 hour flight LAX to Sydney or Melbourne a fair bit, though not on the American airlines. We fly economy and find it tough, being squashed into such a small space for a long time. I'd say if you can afford it, go for the airline with the best reputation for safety and comfort and also pay extra for a larger space/seat if you can. We love being overseas but hate the flying so the total time in the air is important. Air NZ will go via Auckland which adds on hours.
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks

Originally Posted by CounterClifton
I've only ever flown Qantas or Air New Zealand (or Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong once) on the LAX and Sydney route. But I've flown both of your choices on long(ish) hauls before. While both US-based carriers fall well below others in terms of quality, I'd easily choose Delta over United.

And the extra room in economy plus is great on most airlines. Love it. But whether the value aligns with the price is pretty subjective. I never bothered with upgrades on Qantas or ANZ (tight, of course, but also reasonably comfortable seating for economy) but when I could afford it, I'd seriously consider upgrading on some others.

Hopefully you'll get some responses that have some experience directly with the DL and UA Econ+ products to help you decide.
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks