Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

How is Sri Lanka with covid restrictions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2022, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Looking to get away from the UK winter and my first trip in over 2 years! I’ve wanted to go to Sri Lanka for some time now and looking to go next month. Has anyone traveled there recently or there now that can give me heads up on what its like to travel around. I don’t want to go and it just been a constant hassle or lots of the tourist areas shut.

Thanks Joe
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 01:55 AM

Hello there

there’s no any travel restrictions. You should have vaccinated and should come with the certificate. Should have to wear a proper mask should better keep a pocket sanitizer bottle with you.

Everywhere is not so busy as years ago. There are some tourists (not too crowded). Famous beach areas have some travelers who enjoying the beach. Mostly in Unawatuna Mirissa and Tangalle beaches.

still all the hotels and restaurants are not in process. But most of are in. No any rush here yet.
Old Feb 12th, 2022, 09:21 PM

These days most of the tourists places are active and covid situation is not that bad as before. My friends are staying there and enjoying there vacation without any trouble. But pay attention when using public transportation like railways because sometimes it’s not working.