Search

Are United Flights VTL?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2022, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are United Flights VTL?

Hey all,

I'm trying to fly to Singapore - the idea is to vacation around SEA for a month and use my friend's home in Singapore as a hub. I'm having trouble figuring out how to get there. The government says if you're a tourist you must come in on a VTL flight. Singapore Air has VTL flights marked on their website but they are super expensive. United has flights going from SFO but none are marked as VTL. They had a press release saying that they would have VTL service to Singapore starting Jan '22, so I'm just not sure which flights are VTL or not because they don't mark them.
  1. Does anyone know if United flights to Singapore are all VTL or none are VTL?
  2. What is the easiest alternate way to get to Singapore - i.e. fly into another country and VTL from there into Singapore, etc.
    1. I intend to try and visit places like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. so if there is some other country with VTL into Singapore maybe this could work?
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 10:09 AM

Vtl?
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 10:13 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
From the Singapore Air site:

With the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), eligible vaccinated travellers can enjoy quarantine-free entry to Singapore if they meet all VTL requirements.

Old Mar 13th, 2022, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crellston
Vtl?
vaccinated travel lane. it’s an exclusively vaccinated flight and Singapore requires any tourists coming in to be on one
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Melnq8
From the Singapore Air site:

With the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), eligible vaccinated travellers can enjoy quarantine-free entry to Singapore if they meet all VTL requirements.
yes, but my question is if united flights are VTL. Singapore Air does offer VTL flights but they’re very expensive
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 10:18 AM

Delete. Duplicate.

Last edited by Melnq8; Mar 13th, 2022 at 10:23 AM.
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by eshanmathur6501
yes, but my question is if united flights are VTL. Singapore Air does offer VTL flights but they’re very expensive
Yeah, I get it. I was answering the post asking what VLT means.

My husband is taking a VLT flight from Houston to Singapore, but it's on Singapore Air. I just googled and Lufthansa also offer VLT flights to Singapore.

The UA site refers to VLT flights to Singapore from SFO. Suggest you give UA a call if you haven't already.

Last edited by Melnq8; Mar 13th, 2022 at 10:25 AM.
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Melnq8
Yeah, I get it. I was answering the post asking what VLT means.

My husband is taking a VLT flight from Houston to Singapore, but it's on Singapore Air. I just googled and Lufthansa also offer VLT flights to Singapore.

The UA site refers to VLT flights to Singapore from SFO. Suggest you give UA a call if you haven't already.
Ahh gotcha. Lufthansa to Singapore is also super expensive - over $2k!

Im getting mixed messages from United. I called them and one rep said they were not and Singapore is turning people away. Another rep via chat is saying they are VTL and Singapore is letting those people in. I don’t know what to trust!
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 11:22 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
This is something I've been looking into. From a Singapore government website:
https://www.checkfirst.gov.sg/c/6d3a...2-522da4e517cb

"Singapore Airlines and United Airlines
Please enquire directly with the airline for the designated VTL flight number and schedule.
Please note that you are not eligible for the VTL if, in the last 7 days, you have been to or transited via any non-Category (I) and/or non-VTL countries."

This is the result for flying from the US. The problem is my flights are on JAL, transit through Tokyo & Japan isn't on the list allowed presently. So airline & transit point not allowed. But mine isn't for a while so I'm waiting for things to change, which they no doubt will. Wait & watch.
Old Mar 14th, 2022, 05:54 AM

Yeah, it's odd. This article refers to UA VTL flights and has a "click here to find out about UA's VTL flights" but it just leads to UA's usual booking site, no mention of VTL on the site.

https://theshutterwhale.com/blog/202...m-january-2022

When I put VTL flights in the UA search engine, it just pulls up the regular mumbo-jumbo.
Old Mar 14th, 2022, 05:58 AM

Hey I think I found it!

This site lists UA 1 as being the only VTL flight to Singapore:

https://mainlymiles.com/2021/12/15/f...-to-singapore/
Old Mar 14th, 2022, 06:07 AM

Old Mar 15th, 2022, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Yeah I found the same site!! Thanks. I booked yesterday.

For anyone else wondering, United's post-booking paperwork confirmed that all United flights to Singapore at the moment (March 14, 2022) are VTL.