Flying with dog NY to Paris

Old May 25th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying with dog NY to Paris

My sister has homes in Brooklyn and in Arles and had been planning on moving from the former to the latter at the end of June, with her small dog. She always has flown Air France and has not been able to fly business or first with the dog due to rules.

While it is not clear When/ if it will be possible to go , she would like to fly with the dog in business or first , for more space and less exposure . Airlines have different policies and I was hoping that someone here would know of any airline flying the NY-Paris route that allows dogs in first or business.

thanks.
Old May 25th, 2020, 06:19 PM

Presume you mean having the dog in the cabin, as opposed to checked in a carrier. All the premium cabins I have flown in recent years have flat seats in the pointy end which would not allow room for a carrier. Good luck!
Old May 25th, 2020, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seamus
Presume you mean having the dog in the cabin, as opposed to checked in a carrier. All the premium cabins I have flown in recent years have flat seats in the pointy end which would not allow room for a carrier. Good luck!
Yes. Sorry to be unclear.
she has flown on other routes where the dog could be On her lap in the pointy end.

Old May 26th, 2020, 04:14 AM

Try Delta.
Old May 26th, 2020, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Odin
Try Delta.
Ok. I’m sure she’s trying them all but also hoping for some experience.
Old May 27th, 2020, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by jubilada
Ok. I’m sure she’s trying them all but also hoping for some experience.
In my experience, airlines, including Delta, do not allow dogs in pet carriers in business or first class on transatlantic or some other international routes since the pet carrier has to fit under the seat in front. Dogs on laps are not allowed, they have to be in a carrier. Maybe your sisters experience of a dog on a lap was US domestic? Some snub nosed dogs are not allowed in the hold either. I know when my DD returns from the US to the UK, her bulldog will have to return by sea.
Old May 27th, 2020, 04:38 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
It has been years since my friend would fly first class with her boss and that is how we started getting Boxers from the UK. She had a great breeder and would bring them back on Delta. So many restrictions on flying dogs now. There are private jets that do just this now. Very expensive but might be an option.
Old May 27th, 2020, 08:21 AM

Delta doesn't allow pets in any cabins other than the Main Cabin. It's actually on their website.

Also, many airlines are strict on not allowing snub-nosed dogs at all.