Search

Ghana currency

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 01:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ghana currency

I have about 11000 in ghana cedis and back in the u.s. anyone know where to exchange it back to u.s.dollars

Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 04:58 AM

Maybe.

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/exch...usa-35448.html

This is a 2018 article but it’s a start.

Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 12:53 PM

You don't say where you are but you might try this in Chicago. I have used them a number of times for various unusual currencies. If you are elsewhere you still might phone them for suggestions. World's Money Exchange, Inc. |
Old Mar 4th, 2021, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jimschultzjr
I have about 11000 in ghana cedis and back in the u.s. anyone know where to exchange it back to u.s.dollars
You get terrible FX rates to dump a country's currency once you leave that country, and that's assuming it's a major currency. A third-world currency is basically untradeable in the US. Why didn't you dump it before you left? This appears to be about $2K.

Best idea would be to find someone going to the country or who lives in the country and see if they will buy it off of you.
Old Mar 4th, 2021, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by jacketwatch
Maybe.

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/exch...usa-35448.html

This is a 2018 article but it’s a start.
The problem isn't the date of the article, but that it's obviously popular advice meant for the average American who came back from the UK or Europe with extra money. It's not meant for third-world travelers who have $2K worth of Ghana Cedi on their hands. Surely no major bank or Travelex will buy or sell this.
Old Mar 4th, 2021, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
The problem isn't the date of the article, but that it's obviously popular advice meant for the average American who came back from the UK or Europe with extra money. It's not meant for third-world travelers who have $2K worth of Ghana Cedi on their hands. Surely no major bank or Travelex will buy or sell this.
Actually I called Bank of America and they will do this as long as one has an account with them. You can open an account and will do the exchange though it could take a few days.

Chase does not do this. I called them too.

Good news for the OP.
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jimschultzjr

have you had any success I too have currency that needs to be exchange and have not had any luck