Change of Plans But Would Like Kenya Safari Input

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2021, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you to all who contributed to my thread asking about gorilla treks in combination with a safari in Kenya. Although it would be amazing to view the gorillas, my family has decided to spend a bit more time in Kenya and save gorilla treks for another time. There will be 5 adults on this trip.
We have a tentative plan with The Wild Source for Elewana Lewa Safari Camp, Lewa Conservancy (3 nights), Enaidura Camp, Masai Mara (3 nights) and Eagle View, Mara Naboisho Conservancy (2 nights.) at the beginning of July, 2022.
I thought I'd just check in with the experts here, in case anyone thinks this is not a good plan.
Thanks for your advice!
Old May 20th, 2021, 03:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I am a vocal and passionate fan of Enaidura Camp, so any itinerary that includes it is a prize in my eyes. Ping runs an amazing camp with the best guiding anywhere (and I truly mean ‘best’, not just like you always hear people throw around casually...they are actually renown guides). The Wild Source knows what they’re doing and builds sound itineraries. I’ve helped 3 colleagues plan safaris with them and they’re always really good trips. (My trip report with Enaidura is on here, you’ll get a sense of what it’s like to be on safari with them).

I’ve not been to Lewa but it’s on my wishlist, so can’t comment there. I haven’t been to Eagle’s View but I have been on safari in Naboisho. It was my least favorite of the Mara Conservancies I’ve been to, but that may have been due to my guide, who was among my least favorite. I thought the wildlife sightings were much better in both Olare Motorogi and Mara North. But really, you can’t go wrong anywhere in the Mara. I adore Offbeat Mara in Mara North (been twice and will definitely go next time I return to Kenya) and they are usually very affordable and have good specials with excellent guiding. You could ask to swap that out unless you have reasons to choose Eagle’s View?
Old May 20th, 2021, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, amyb. I am very excited about Enaidura camp. I will look into possibly changing Naboisho. Thank you for your advice!
Old May 21st, 2021, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't been to Naboisho (it was still "new" the last time I was in Kenya), but loved Olare Motorogi and Mara North.

Also would like to go to Lewa--haven't been able to squeeze it in.

I'm partial to Kicheche camps and guides myself, but there are many good options.
Old May 21st, 2021, 12:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Daydreaming during the pandemic, I put together my "dream" Mara itinerary: Enaidura, Offbeat Mara, Serian Ngare or Nkurombo or The Nest, and Kicheche Bush. I haven't been to either Serian or Kicheche, but enough people I know have, and return again and again, so I trust they are worth the repeat visitors. This trip would tickle enough parts of the Mara region to keep me happy for quite some time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -